Women tend to store more fat in their body because of their natural role of motherhood through, which is pregnancy and breastfeeding. Being a mother is a blessing but then no woman wants to lose the real self. Here starts a pursuit to get back into shape as soon as possible. Losing weight is easy and can be self-managed with some good diet plans and workouts. It’s a great relief to shed the flab and kilos of weight. Post weight loss, you should have been thrilled but you are miserable to look at the skin that is now hanging loose, all over! The fact is, losing weight is easy but toning your muscles and getting a tighter skin along with it, is altogether a different story! So, it’s time to get expert advice from Personal Trainer Perth to lose fat and tone up your muscles!
Personal Training Perth dispels a few myths
Weight Loss versus Fat Loss
The first thing that Personal Trainer Perth professional will do is educate you about the difference between the two. Your past workout plans have resulted in weight loss but not the desired look. The dominant reason has been your thrust on losing the weight only, while your actual plan should have been to lose fat. Let’s see why.
The whole idea of getting a toned body is to lose fat and build muscles because weight loss won’t show up if the fat covers the muscle. So, when you want a thinner toned body, it does not necessarily mean a reduced weight reading on the scales but reduced fat in your body. You might weigh the same because muscle weighs more than fat but you will be happy to see a thinner and leaner you!
Building Muscles versus Toning Muscles
When Personal Trainer Perth professionals say “need to build muscles”, like everyone else you might also be bogged down by the myth that building muscles means getting bulky with weight training. Actually bulking up is because of fat and not the muscles. Weight training is an essential part of building muscles and unlike man, a woman’s body reacts differently to weight lifting because of the inherent physiological difference between the two. The presence of estrogen in woman’s body makes it difficult to lose weight. Weight lifting brings the estrogen levels down and produces testosterone. Reduction in estrogen and increase in testosterone counterbalances and burns down the fat, builds the muscle and you end up burning more calories.
Getting Started with Personal Training Perth
Personal Trainer Perth will take measurements which include:
- Measuring body fat: Measures the ratio of the body fat to lean muscle mass. For women anything between 21 and 24 percent is considered healthy.
- Measure body parts: Take measurements of various body parts – waist, hips, thighs, arms etc.
This data will help to set the goals and are a source of motivation when you compare the results after every few days of hard work.
Personal Training Perth – 4 vital activities
1. Cardiovascular Training – Cardiovascular exercises like walking, jogging, running, biking and stair climbing help to burn a considerable amount of calories and improve the cardiovascular system by strengthening the heart and lungs. Personal Training Perth suggests that if you have been really inactive before starting personal training; then you need to increase the time of cardio exercises in a phased manner.
2. Strengthening Training – Strengthening exercises or resistance training will help tone your body by increasing the muscle mass, tightening the loose skin and firming it up. Squats, lunges, leg raises, plank exercises will help to tone all muscle groups – shoulders, back, hips, thighs, arms and abs. The alternate use of machines and weights will help in faster results. Strengthening exercises should be done 2-3 times a week for at least 30-45 minutes. Personal Trainer Perth will make sure that you use weights that are heavy enough to let you do 10-12 repetitions, with the correct technique.
3. Flexibility Training – Flexing of muscles is very crucial since it helps to stretch muscles and prevent any kind of injury. Stretching exercises warm up the body and improved co-ordination. At Personal Training Perth stretch exercises form an integral part of Personal Training.
4. Balanced Diet – Personal Training Perth recommends that diet is very critical in getting a toned body because if you don’t eat a balanced diet then all your hard work is a waste. The nutritionist at Personal Training Perth will recommend a diet plan from the day one and change or improve it as you go by. The basics of a diet to get a toned body are:
(i) Increase the number of meals during the day. Don’t stick to the ‘3 meals a day’ routine. You should eat after very 2-3 hrs to increase the metabolic rate of the body.
(ii) Increase the intake of protein as it helps to build muscle, and muscle burn fat.
(iii) Reduce intake of carbohydrates and calories since it will result in consumption of body fat.
(iv) Include fruits and vegetables to tighten the skin.
(v) Increase intake of water as it helps to keep the skin healthy and supple. Water will reduce the sagging of the skin due to weight loss.